How do I get KDE to run?

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:13:40 PDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 smithhy at juno.com wrote:

>I have version 5.0.  It installs perfectly and I can access text files -
>python etc.  But it will not load KDE.  How do I get KDE to load?

Assuming you followed the instructions during installation exactly, startx.
You
might verify that the following line is in your .xinitrc: "exec startkde".
(Comment
lines referenceing other executables, using #.) man startx, if you'd like
more info
regarding the loading procedure.

If your problems are not this simple, you should try writing a more detailed
description of the problem and send it to -questions

Peace,
Clayton