rpc.statd already ipv6 clean?

Mihir Luthra luthramihir708 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:39:31 UTC 2019

>  I think you should learn TI-RPC API first.  The nettype specifies a
>  class of transport protocol, not address family.
>
> Thanks, I did some more research on TI-RPC today.
In `statd.c` what I see is in `create_service()`/`complete_service()`,
transport info is being fetched through getnetconfig(), which makes it
listen on all transports. I guess its clean in `statd.c` but same can also
be done in `procs.c`/`file.c`. Maybe trying all transports until it finds
one which is connectionless? Apologies if I got something wrong, new to
this topic.

Also, while looking at the code, I think it always assumes ipv4 is always
present. Like `127.0.0.1` is added to host list always. On ipv6 only
machine this may fail.

Kind Regards,
Mihir