rpc.statd already ipv6 clean?

Hiroki Sato hrs at allbsd.org
Wed Sep 25 20:48:42 UTC 2019

Mihir Luthra <luthramihir708 at gmail.com> wrote
  in <CAEa=dYAnwxPjwZozU6K3GE7-Cjwx0rSemVd0ihrbUAUQw3jOLg at mail.gmail.com>:

lu> >  I think the project page has wrong information regarding rpc.statd.
lu> >  Although it is not clean from the viewpoint of transport independent,
lu> >  it works with IPv6.
lu> >
lu> >
lu> I see, in file.c/procs.c , clnt_create() calls are hardcoded to "udp". Code
lu> in `statd.c` is handled correctly for tcp/udp/tcp6/udp6? .Did I get your
lu> point correctly?
lu> Also, going through man page of clnt_create, it states usage for only
lu> tcp/udp and not udp6/tcp6.

 I think you should learn TI-RPC API first.  The nettype specifies a
 class of transport protocol, not address family.

-- Hiroki