CARP and NAT question

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Oct 8 15:20:42 UTC 2019

Hi Julien,

It's not clear why you are trying to assign multiple carp IP address to
two different interfaces from within the same IP subnet. Are you trying
to fail over a 2nd carp address or are you trying to improve
throughput/redundancy? If you just want to fail over a 2nd carp address,
assign a 2nd alias to your first interface. If your trying to improve
throughput/redundancy, assign both interfaces to a lagg and build your
carp interfaces on top of that instead.

-Matthew