[panic] netmap(4) and if_lagg(4)

Vincenzo Maffione v.maffione at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:56:09 UTC 2017

I see the bug is in FreeBSD 11. I attached the simple patch to fix it.
Can someone commit the patch to 11/stable?

Harry: You should be able to workaround the bug by setting

# sysctl dev.netmap.generic_rings=1

And yes, if_lagg(4) doesn't have native netmap support, like all the
meta-drivers (e.g. vlan, tunnels, etc.).
Point is that you should implement link aggregation in your application (in
user-space).

Cheers,
  Vincenzo

--