[Differential] D10485: Replace dhcp option 150 by 66

kczekirda (Kamil Czekirda) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 3 20:47:11 UTC 2017

kczekirda added a comment.

  And the last one possible solution:

  In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10485#218945, @tsoome wrote:

  > But also there is much simpler way to distinguish NFS versus TFTP boot - because that is the problem - how  to understand if we should go for NFS of for TFTP.  And the idea is simple - if there is no server set, we opt to use next server option for nfs/tftp server; now the root_path syntax as such is not set, therefore we can just state that if the root_path is  IP:/path then its NFS, if the root_path is /path, then it is TFTP.

  Don't use any of 66 or 150 option, but when root-path includes ip address - go thru NFS, if ip address not exists in root-path - go thru TFTP from server which ip address is in next-server. But there is one limitation - only one tftp server in network to provide loader and everything else. Does enybody use more than only one?

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10485

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/