mbuf_jumbo_9k & iSCSI failing

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 26 16:33:04 UTC 2017

On 26.06.2017 19:26, Matt Joras wrote:
> I didn't think that ixgbe(4) still suffered from this problem, and we
> use it in the same situations rstone mentioned above. Indeed, ixgbe(4)
> doesn't presently suffer from this problem (you can see that in your
> patch, as it is only effectively changing the other drivers), though
> it used to. It looks like it was first fixed to not to in r280182.

Yes, actually we have this patch since 8.x. Recent drivers aren't
affected by this problem. iflib also has the code:

#ifndef CONTIGMALLOC_WORKS
        else
                fl->ifl_buf_size = MJUMPAGESIZE;
#else
        else if (sctx->isc_max_frame_size <= 4096)
                fl->ifl_buf_size = MJUMPAGESIZE;
        else if (sctx->isc_max_frame_size <= 9216)
                fl->ifl_buf_size = MJUM9BYTES;
        else
                fl->ifl_buf_size = MJUM16BYTES;
#endif

that seems by default doesn't use 9-16k mbufs.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov