FreeBSD 10.1-REL - network unaccessible after high traffic

hiren panchasara hiren at strugglingcoder.info
Sun Jun 7 09:21:56 UTC 2015

On 06/07/15 at 10:50P, Cs wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It worked fine for two weeks but I had a network outage 2 days ago then
> today. Tried to disable rxcsum and txcsum after the first one, didn't
> help. Don't know what else to do it's a shame that I can't use this card
> with fbsd i REALLY don't want to install linux instead but my production
> servers outages are not welcomed by the customers..

I tried to follow the thread but apologies if I've missed something. You
already tried disabling TSO but it didn't help, it seems. We need more
details here.

Can you get on serial console and check if you see anything when network
becomes unaccessible? Anything in dmesg or /var/log/message? Does
'netstat -m' show any buffer allocation failures when this happens?

You seem to indicate that this only happens at 'high' traffic. How much
is that traffic? Is this something that you can trigger easily?

Cheers,
Hiren