[Differential] [Changed Subscribers] D1711: Changes to the callout code to restore active semantics and also add a test-framework and test to validate thecallout code (and potentially for use by other tests).

jhb (John Baldwin) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 29 14:58:37 UTC 2015

jhb added a subscriber: jhb.
jhb added a comment.

Hmm, I do think the idea of a kernel test framework should be discussed in its own right.  I have implemented a much simpler one on my own for unit tests of locking primitives that you can see here.  These worked by declaring tests in linker sets in a kernel module.  Loading the module implicitly runs the tests.  I have other changes in this branch to allow "catching" panics like exceptions and similar changes for witness as well.

The test framework (much simpler) can be found at:

http://p4db.freebsd.org/fileDownLoad.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/jhb/lock/kern/subr_test.c&REV=6
http://p4db.freebsd.org/fileDownLoad.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/jhb/lock/sys/unittest.h&REV=2

Sample test modules can be found here:

http://p4db.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/jhb/lock/modules/test&HIDEDEL=NO

I think "test" is probably a better name for a subdir of test modules as it is more consistent with what we are doing in userland with kyua.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1711

To: rrs, gnn, rwatson, adrian, sbruno, lstewart, imp, hselasky
Cc: jhb, kostikbel, emaste, delphij, neel, erj, freebsd-net