[Differential] [Commented On] D1711: Changes to the callout code to restore active semantics and also add a test-framework and test to validate thecallout code (and potentially for use by other tests).

rrs (Randall Stewart) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 17 18:09:07 UTC 2015

rrs added a comment.

Wow, but look at the flags here. They are cc_flags == 0.

That means its *not* on the wheel and yet the thing it points to
(our victim) *thinks* its on the wheel.

This is not good.. We are stuck in a lock
trying to reschedule the timeout (a lock that is
not locked by the way yet we kept spinning)..  but  PENDING/ACTIVE flag are
set. Those should be off if it was not on the callout wheel. Compound
that with the fact that the previous callout entry on the "wheel" is not on the
wheel having cc_flags == 0.. thats really strange..

This is really bizarre.

Let me think about this for a while..

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1711