How do I use net-mgmt/unifi{2,3,4} for Ubiquity UAP-PRO?

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 2 01:32:57 UTC 2014

Hi David,

The port installs an rc script so you can automate launching the
service. I've seen on some systems that it takes a very long time (15
minutes!) for the web interface to become accessible because java is
stuck in some weird "gettimeofday()" loop. I haven't seen it with recent
openjdk/unifi releases, though.

Keep in mind that anything Ubiquiti claims to be stable is actually
beta, beta is alpha, and alpha is likely to eat your children. I'd
recommend sticking with Unifi 3.x for the time being.

Good luck!