amd(8) doesn't work in 10 and CURRENT (does auromound(8) support NFS?)

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 14:53:12 UTC 2014

Wiadomość napisana przez Lev Serebryakov w dniu 19 kwi 2014, o godz. 08:40:
> Hello, Edward.
> You wrote 19 апреля 2014 г., 1:59:08:
>
>>> Does new "automound(8)", which "compatible with its counterparts in OS X,
>>> Solaris, and Linux" support NFS?
> ETN> Well, it would be kind of pointless if it didn't, right?  ;-)
> Why not? As far as I understand, removable storage (USB sticks, all
> assortment of cards and cardreaders, optical discs, external USB HDD
> enclosures and things like this) is much more frequent than NFS in these
> days :)

Not in corporate environments, which are the main target
for the automounter.  Of course those will be supported as well,
but in most cases mounting removable drives is done by some
other desktop mechanism.