Question about network stack advancements to be on the same level as Linux kernel 3.9+

Oleg Moskalenko mom040267 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 21:58:26 UTC 2013

Those kind of advancements make much more sense for UDP than for TCP.

Of course TCP would benefit from them, too, but they are really critical
for UDP.

TCP stack is already relatively advanced, and the improvements will help in
only some really extreme high-load use cases - when the TCP listener is the
bottleneck. On the other hand, UDP would benefit from the improvements even
in usual ordinary use cases. If I may suggest the priority, it would make
much more sense to start improving the stack with the UDP.

Thanks
Oleg