status of a tap device ...

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Fri May 10 05:19:51 UTC 2013

Ifconfig -v tap0 ? Does this work for you ?

Also upon opening a tap...

ifconfig tap create

Will return the numeric portion of the tap that was created with $?

So scripting it out it would be similar to...

ifconfig tap create && export MYTUNIS="$?"

echo "tap$MYTAPIS"

--
 Jason Hellenthal
 IS&T Services Professional