kern/176281: [ixgbe] [patch] Update ixgbe to 2.4.10 (latest official driver)

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:49:47 UTC 2013

2013/2/21 Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com>

> Sorry, I know there are always new people that may not know me. I am the
> driver developer at
> Intel specifically for FreeBSD, and for various reasons there are multiple
> release paths for my
> code, an internal one that ends up being on the Intel web site, and the
> community path which
> ends up in the public source. I do my best to keep them in sync but at
> times due to how busy
> I am with what, they may vary a bit, but that should always be a temporary
> situation that I will
> remedy.
>
> I have been busy for a number of weeks on an important internal project
> but that's winding down
> and I'm playing catch-up at the moment, so this stuff should get sync'ed
> up soon.

Jack,

Thanks by all work you have done.

And a lot of people know you as the guy in charge of Intel drives! In my
case, as I really need at least the driver 2.4.10 and I didn't see any MFC
on HEAD(driver 2.5.0), I decide to send the patch.

Hopefully you will find time to update the driver. Thank you once again!

Best Regards,
--
Marcelo Araujo
araujo at FreeBSD.org