m_get2() name

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 1 12:04:23 UTC 2013

  Hi!

  The m_get2() function allocates a single mbuf with enough space
to hold specified amount of data. It can return either a single mbuf,
an mbuf with a standard cluster, page size cluster, or jumbo cluster.

  It is alredy utilized in pfsync, bpf, libalias and soon to be utilized
in ieee802111. There are probably more places in stack where it can be used.

  The question is about its name. Once introduced, I just gave it name
"m_get2" to avoid discussion with myself about bikeshed colour and continue
hacking. Now it is getting used wider, and before we branch any stable branch
off the head, we have last chance to rename it to smth more meaningful.

  Any ideas on better name are welcome.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.