tokenring users?

Julian Elischer julian at ironport.com
Wed Nov 19 10:08:16 PST 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Andre Oppermann wrote:

>>> I guess Token Ring is as dead as it gets.  The last I time ran across
>>> someone using it was in 1996 or 1997.  I asked our engineers here (on
>>> a customer base of about 1k SME) and got only blank stares.
>>>

>> yes I think that may be the case but I saw a bug report
>> about it a few years ago..
>
> I have given away all my TR equipment a few years back, but I know people
> still running TR though with Cisco and non-FreeBSD-OSes though they
> got rid
> of all TR they could get rid off.
>
> So what exactly is your question in supporting and testing FreeBSD TR
> support?
>
> And let me ask why you are asking for TR, not FDDI or some of the
> other things lingering in sys/net**?
>
> /bz

There are some vestiges of tokenring support in the
system but since htey can't really be tested,
people have been making "guessing" changes to them
as things go forward.
We don't know if they really work. If there are no
tokenring users we might as well remove the clutter.

I don't really know about FDDI support.. do we have it?