openospfd+carp

Alexandre Biancalana biancalana at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:02:16 UTC 2008

Hi list,

 I'm deploying a new structure between our company and our datacenter
that is composed of two L2L (lan-to-lan) 100Mbit links and two
redudant gateway/firewall at each side.

 I configured one vlan per 100Mbit link and used carp (with Max's
carpdev patch) to do the failover between machines on each side, the
vlan interfaces are configured without ip address, only carp
interfaces have ips.

 I want to use OpenOSPFD to do automatic failover+loadbalance of this L2L links.

 This works ? Someone have a similar setup ? Any hints ?

 I'm using FreeBSD 7, OpenOSPFD 4 (from ports) and Max's carpdev patch.

 Best Regards,

Alexandre