kern/123200: [netgraph] Server failure due to netgraph mpd and dhcpclient

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 7 18:30:09 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/123200; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, zaulychny at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: kern/123200: [netgraph] Server failure due to netgraph mpd and
 dhcpclient
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:27:58 +0300

 If I understand right, you are receiving route to you VPN server using
 DHCP. I think you could get in trouble when DHCP lease time ended and
 you loose that route making VPN connection route default. In it's place
 it could cause routing loop by wrapping tunnel inside itself, causing
 in-kernel recursion loop.

 I have some feedbacks that stack protection mechanisms added to stable
 allow system better handle such case. Could you upgrade you system to
 the 6-STABLE and try again?

 --
 Alexander Motin