Dynamode USB NIC

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Aug 4 16:35:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Giles Williams wrote:

Hi,
Cc:ing net@ again

> Thanks for getting back to me!
>
> I've looked, and udav is loaded, I already tried that a while back. Execing
> usbdevs -v gives:
>
> bsdbox# usbdevs -v
> Controller /dev/usb0:
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
> port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 144 mA, config 1, Davicom CO., LTD(0x9601),
> DM9601 USB NNC(0x0a46), rev 1.01
> port 2 powered

For FreeBSD HEAD sources it looks like this:

} udav_devs [] = {
         /* Corega USB-TXC */
         {{ USB_VENDOR_COREGA, USB_PRODUCT_COREGA_FETHER_USB_TXC }, 0},
         /* ShanTou ST268 USB NIC */
         {{ USB_VENDOR_SHANTOU, USB_PRODUCT_SHANTOU_ST268 }, 0},
#if 0
         /* DAVICOM DM9601 Generic? */
         /*  XXX: The following ids was obtained from the data sheet.  */
         {{ 0x0a46, 0x9601 }, 0},
#endif
};

As you can see, you ID is disabled with the #if 0. It seems it was
that way since the very first version. I cannot say what it's the way
it is.

You could try to change it to #if 1 and recompile and see if it
panics or works...

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.