Reading a configuration file from a driver code during intialization.

sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Thu Sep 14 22:30:44 PDT 2006

Hi Mark,

As I mentioned in the previous mail, the main issue is to read a
Configuration parameter file from driver code. I am already using Sysctl
variables as mentioned below,

Currently I have written a small kernel module that will create a sysctl
variable and update with a default value. After loading this module,
using shell scripts, I read the configuration file and get the user set
values and update the sysctl variable in that value. Then I will load my
driver where I read the sysctl variable to get the required values set
by the user in the configuration file.

This is a round about way. Is there is any other way to read a
configuration file from Driver code.

Thanks,

~Siva