Rapid link state changes on bge(4) interface

Slawek Zak slawek.zak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 02:58:06 PDT 2006

On 9/13/06, David Christensen <davidch at broadcom.com> wrote:
> I can't access the information on this web site through Mozilla after
> clicking "I Accept".

Hm. I've just found out that posting direct links to documents is too
Web 1.0 for ibm.com. Here is link to the parent page - works for me:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-53693

> Is this a 5704 controller using a SerDes link?

The above page says:

- IBM BladeCenter LS20 (Type 8850)

Dunno if it is Broadcom or IBM parlance.

> I'm familiar with some Blade Center problems in the past (which I
> think were related to Sigdet) though I'm not in the office and can't
> look into it right away.  A comparison between the serdes code in
> the Linux driver vs. the FreeBSD driver is probably the first area to
> investigate.

I have frankly no idea where to look.

Thanks for any help, /S
--