VIA VT6103 support (VIA EPIA PD)

Jan Mikael Melen jan at melen.org
Tue Sep 27 01:08:07 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a PD board running FreeBSD 6 and here something that I have noticed. I
have had the PD board only for few months and have not had really time stress
test it but it works pretty fine as wireless-AP and firewall for rest of my
home network.

Few weird things that I have noticed are that from the network device you
can't get the full 100Mbit/s out of the ethernet ports. My friend has the
EPIA PD-6000 with NetBSD and he has experienced the same problem that you can
get only roughly 20 Mbit/s through the interfaces. He has also EPIA SP-8000
where he gets the whole 100Mbit/s through the interface.

Other weird thing is that I get a kernel panic after final sync when halting
system, I've investigated that this propably doesn't have anything to do with
the VIA EPIA motherboard and I think the problem has something do either with
bridging or the atheros wireless driver.

  Regards,
     Jan