Connection reset

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Thu Sep 8 11:04:46 PDT 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
>> First of all, the redirection you speak of - is that occuring on the local
>> machine itself, or a physically seperate machine?
>
> Yes same machine.

Then my guess is that something is wrong with your redirection setup.
Unfortunately, tcpdump sees the packets as they enter the network card,
before the redirection occurs, so we can't see exactly what is really
happening.

Post your redirection rules, maybe someone who also uses that feature can
help.  Also, please post which version of FreeBSD you're running, in case
it differs by version.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack