OpenBGPD with FreeBSD

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Mar 21 13:28:01 PST 2005

Hi there,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:08:53AM +0059, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> You have to remove the full pfkey interface and replace it with dummy
> functions as it is incompatible. So tcp md5 does not work but I think it
> is still broken in FreeBSD anyway.

I am willing to work with OpenBSD developers, time permitting, to ensure that
TCP-MD5 is source level compatible across the BSDs. In the past the divergence
has has affected several projects inclyding Quagga, OpenBGPd and XORP, sadly.

There has even been some cursory interest from Sun people about taking this on.

Please do contact me directly about this in future first, though.

Thanks,
BMS