High ping latency using two ethernet under FreeBSD 4.11 ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Mar 15 08:02:39 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, dima wrote:

>> I'm plugging everything into a Cisco 2924 ... is there some way, either on
>> the FreeBSD side, or Cisco, of 'cleaning this up'?
>
> Try ng_fec. It works ok with 2950, not sure about 2924 though.

man page is a bit short ... what exactly is ng_fec, and how does it affect
things?

For instance, do I start configuring an 'ifconfig fec0' device instead of
my usual fxp0?  or, does everything pretty much stay the same except
running that extra daemon/command?

any docs other then the man pages that I should read through?

----