quagga and OSPFD and point-to-point tunnels.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Fri Mar 4 14:08:10 PST 2005

Here is an odd situation.

If I start quagga ospfd after creating gre, tun, or gif devices, ospfd
recognises them as point-to-point interfaces and everything works.

However, if I start quagga and then create interfaces afterwards, the
interfaces are not recognised as point-to-point interfaces and OSPF
packets only travel in one direction (into the box).

I'm not sure if the problem lies solely with quagga or FreeBSD or a
little of both.

For one, does the GRE device not have the POINTOPOINT flag set
immediately?  Has someone banged their head against this problem?

It appears to cover all versions of FreeBSD, but I'm using
5.3-RELEASE-p5 to test.

Dave.