Request to back out Luigis polled-net patch in -stable.

Mike Smith msmith at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 3 00:05:07 GMT 2005

> To: core at freebsd.org

Core isn't really the appropriate forum for asking for a back-out; arch
and net are where this should have been discussed and reviewed in the
first place.

> Subject: Request to back out Luigis polled-net patch in -stable.

I'm entirely in agreement with this; the decision to commit this code was
extremely ill-advised, and the best thing we can do now for everyone's
sake is to pull it as quickly as possible.

> I would also like to point to the parallel piece of code: Jun-Itohs
> ALTQ for which he reliably has maintained a patch relative to the
> 4.X branch and which despite various peoples requests have not
> haphazardly been committed into -stable.  And in that context one
> should not forget that ALTQ has a lot longer and better trackrecord
> of high quality than Luigis poll-code, or any of Luigis code for
> that matter.

Yes; this is an excellent example of how it can be done better.

Regards,
Mike