Disabling VLAN_HWTAGGING

Jacob S. Barrett jbarrett at amduat.net
Sat Mar 27 07:53:56 PST 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 11:42 pm, you wrote:
> I think so.  11:22:33:44:55:66 is the wrong MAC address -- the first octet
> should be an odd number, otherwise it's treated as a broadcast/multicast.

Doh!  You learn something new every day.  See I told you that I can be a tool
sometimes. :)

Well with a new "correct" MAC that pings go back and forth just fine now.  I
will back out all my changes and see if they still work with the hardware
tagging/detagging enabled.

> I'm in the process of obtaining a NIC.  Once I get it, I will look into the
> issue.  What's the ``pciconf -lv'' and dmesg(8) outputs corresponding to
> your NIC?  Also, is it plugged into the 64-bit PCI slot or not?

nge0 at pci0:14:0: class=0x020000 card=0x621a1385 chip=0x0022100b rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'National Semiconductor'
    device   = 'DP83820/1 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

It is plugged into a 32-bit PCI slot.  If you want access to my test box to
debug that kernel panic issue when attaching if_vlan interfaces you are
welcome to.  Just email me off list for an account.

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett at amduat.net
www.amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."