[jack_umidi] baud rate when writing MIDI messages from USB to jack_umidi

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:16:00 UTC 2019

Hello.

I'm making a MIDI controller with Arduino UNO and I though somebody could
help me on clarify if I should set a specific baud rate when writing MIDI
messages from Arduino (from USB port) that are target to jack_umidi.

I realize that whem I'm writing chars (debug messages) they are interpreted
as random MIDI notes. But when I turn debug off and write something like:

      Serial.write(0x90);
      Serial.write(0x30);
      Serial.write(0x7F);
      Serial.flush();

no MIDI message is received (I used jack_midi_dump to check, it is empty) .

So I'm not asking about Arduino itself, but maybe it is something related
to the baud rate?

Thanks,

--
Marcel Bonnet