Getting started with LV2

Goran Mekić meka at tilda.center
Fri May 10 13:34:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 05:05:58PM -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> https://www.freebsdnews.com/2019/02/21/freebsd-in-audio-studio-fosdem-19/
I didn't even know this site exists, let alone that my presentation is
there. Thank you very much for "opening my eyes"!

> So the question I have is, how would I construct some sort of audio
> processing pipeline that includes audio/eq10q-lv2 and mpv?  Getting
> that going might be enough for me to accomplish my other goals.
> Any links are appreciated.
For a while, I used mpv from ports compiled with JACK support. That way
I could pipe it to whatever I wanted. Today, I use Ardour with eq10-lv2
and it works OK (it has a pretty big lag, but as you're going to only
record, I guess you don't care about that). As I never tried Audacity, I
don't know if it works with LV2, but it might be better option for your
use case than Ardour.

It might be that I didn't understand you correctly, so please feel free
to poke me if you have more questions.

Regards,
meka