firefox-43 && no sound on MP3, MP4, HTML5

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun May 1 09:30:12 UTC 2016

El día Sunday, May 01, 2016 a las 11:01:50AM +0200, Jan Beich escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> writes:
>
> > I: [(null)] sink-input.c: Created input 0 "AudioStream" on
> > oss_output.dsp0 with sample spec float32le 2ch 48000Hz and channel map
> > front-left,front-right
> > I: [(null)] sink-input.c:     media.name = "AudioStream"
> > I: [(null)] sink-input.c:     application.process.binary = "firefox"
>
> Firefox uses oss_output.dsp0 sink or /dev/dsp0 but without knowing the
> value of hw.snd.default_unit it's not very useful. For details, run
>
>   $ pkg info -D pulseaudio

Which says:
o change the default sink (output):
# pacmd set-default-sink 3
To change the default source (input):
# pacmd set-default-source 3

This can also be set in /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa

Replace the number '3' with the new default your want to set.

The audio/freedesktop-sound-theme is needed if the default sound files
are uncommented in the /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa file.

I have tested there in the file 0 and 1, without much more sound. How
can I get and understand the correct values to put into the file?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!