Problems with webcamd and RTL2832U

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 29 02:52:51 UTC 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at  9:23:01 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 04/28/16 09:12, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
> rtl28xxu works. I have one myself, tested with VDR.

My understanding from the documentation was that rtl28xxu is a driver,
not a device.  As nox wrote in https://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat
about the R820T SDR, ID 0x0bda:0x2838 (my DVB-T tuner):

  Driver or kernel module: webcamd(8) via rtl28xxu Linux driver

I can't find any way to refer to this driver, though clearly it's not
the issue.

> Maybe you need to disable the DISEQ feature.

Certainly I shouldn't be using it, since this is a DVB-T tuner.  This
is puzzling: why is MythTV even trying to use it?  I can't find any
reference to it in the DVB-T setup, which isn't surprising.  Does
webcamd have any connection with DiSEqC?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.