Problem with recent multimedia/handbrake and multimedia/x265 updates

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Wed May 6 00:37:11 UTC 2015

> On 5 May, 2015, at 18:07, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Two recent updates to multimedia/handbrake baffle me. Maybe I am missing something obvious, but, first r384322 bumped the PORTREVISION  due to the update of x265 from 1.5 to 1.6, but handbrake is not dependent  on multimedia/x265. This bump only caused a lot of people to re-build a port with exactly no changes.

Yeah the bump was my fault. I grep'd for multimedia/ ports that referenced x265 and bumped handbrake unnecessarily. Sorry about making you rebuild a port with exactly no changes.

As for the other thing, the procedure you listed is required for any two ports which present build-time conflicts. I agree that the process is opaque.

Picking up a system library when you intended to use a local version is a constant headache for complex projects like Handbrake. If that problem affects FreeBSD, it likely affects other platforms as well. Consider reporting it upstream as well.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org