webcam and audio capture

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 26 12:31:41 UTC 2015

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015, the wise Michael Zhilin wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Do you have tried to change default_unit to 4? I don't remember exact
> sysctl node, but it's easy to grep it:
>
> sysctl -a | grep default_unit
>
> It worked for me before to resolve all troubles with sound.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Michael,

This unfortunately doesn't work because the problem isn't the soundcard
(output), but the webcam (input). Sound output is working fine
(/dev/dsp0). But sound input should be /dev/dsp4 but is incorrectly also
pointed to /dev/dsp0.

--
The rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared
for not by our labor agitators, but by the Christian men to whom God in his