pvr250 - can't select input

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no
Wed Jan 29 19:06:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:56:51 +0000
Dom F <misc-freebsd at talk2dom.com> wrote:

> However I can't get any input to work:
> [example is S-Video]
>
> [root at hairball ~]# kldload cxm
> [root at hairball ~]# pvr250-setchannel -s
> ioctl( tfd, METEORSINPUT ) failed.: Invalid argument
> [root at hairball ~]#
>
> Corresponding kernel message is:
>
> Jan 28 11:48:05 hairball kernel: cxm0: video decoder failed to lock
>

> Is anyone out there using a PVR250 or other Conexant iTVC16 (not 15)
> -based board and using S-Video or composite input?
> Suggestions welcome!

I am using a PVR-500, but I am on an old version of FreeBSD (6.4-stable, long story, search the archives of this mailing list if you are interested)
and I might not use this driver (can't remember).

However, I do remember that the setchannel program (pvr250-setchannel) can behave a bit peculiar.
Does it help if you select a band and frequency on the tuner input first?
Then try to change input to something else?
HTH
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no>