Video Capture Card or USB Video Capture Device Recommendations

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Sun Aug 3 17:03:52 UTC 2014

Fellow FreeBSD Fans,

I have an ooooooooold Hauppauge PVR-250 card I've recently been trying to
get working with FreeBSD without success.  Considering its age maybe I
should retire it and upgrade.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive FreeBSD friendly
video capture card or USB video capture device?  I'm mainly interested in
using it for capturing from VHS tapes.  I don't really need a tuner.  I
dropped cable years ago and mostly watch old shows on DVD or VHS tape.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.