ITE Technologies, Inc. DVB-T TV Stick [success report]

Milan Obuch freebsd-multimedia at dino.sk
Mon Sep 9 07:30:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 22:11:37 +0200 (CEST)
Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

> In article <20130828235428.45b51b76 at zeta.dino.sk> you write:
> >On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:12:40 +0200
> >Milan Obuch <freebsd-multimedia at dino.sk> wrote:

> Btw google flags this site as serving malicious code...

No idea why - anyway, not much interesting info for us :)

> >[ snip ]

> >[ snip ]
> >
> >> Yes, looks so - and today i did a multimedia/vdr build according to
> >> https://wiki.freebsd.org/VDR - it seems like it will work. I need
> >> to go through some trial-and-error process to learn a bit about
> >> it. I will try vlc too, so I can gai some experience with it.
> >>

> >After some fiddling I found how to use w_scan to get available
> >programs and create channelst list for VDR. Now I am able to watch
> >TV on my notebook. I did not see how to watch TV with vlc, yet, but
> >it is low priority for me, now. I am going to play a bit more with
> >VDR to understand plugin possibilities etc.
> >
>  Feel free to ask if you still have questions...
>
>  Btw is this a dual tuner i.e. do you get /dev/dvb/adapter0 and 1?
> If yes you might want to test if it can really use both tuners or
> if that causes stream corruptions like with my af9035 tuner.  To
> test this play two channels from different muxes, for example using
> vdr-plugin-streamdev in parallel with watching one channel via
> vdr-sxfe, or play two channels from different muxes both via
> streamdev.

Yes it is dual tuner, which was one reason I got this one insted of
some cheaper single tuner. I have not yet cable comfortably available
so I can not do much tests, but I will try some time later. How will
such corruption manifest itself? I saw on some DVB-T STB some
artifacts, square areas affected when signal was weaker or disturbed,
but could this be somehow distinguished?

I will look at streamdev usage and report when anything interesting
will be found, given some prerequisites are met for such test...

>  If you do get corruptions you can try forcing hw pidfiltering by
> adding "-m dvb-usb-init.force_pid_filter_usage=1" to webcamd_flags
> in rc.conf and see if that helps.  (Or I just see maybe it's
> "-m dvb_usb_core.force_pid_filter_usage=1" for your tuner.)
>
>  And if that doesn't help you may want to add "-D 0" to vdr_flags
> in rc.conf so that it only uses one tuner so as not to mess up
> recordings etc.
>
>  And let me know what you find so we can add this info to the wiki...

I did not test supplied Windows app yet, manufacturer writes explicitly
about dual channel usage, so one channel could be viewed while second
one being recorded, so I hope this will work.

Regards, Milan