usb midi support for Alesis keyboard

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sat May 18 11:10:55 UTC 2013

On 18/05/2013 18:14, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You should use /usr/ports/jack_umidi to create jack nodes which your
>  other software can access. The USB MIDI nodes are 100% raw data and
>  not interconnected with the sound system in FreeBSD!

I tried jack_umidi last night without luck. I forgot it earlier but just
tried it and can get midi into hydrogen with jack_umidi on umidi0.0
(only 0.0 appears to work) so partial success that may be attributed to
no_cs_fail=1

# cat /dev/midistat
FreeBSD Midi Driver (midi2)
No devices installed.

Which still leaves lmms without midi input, which is the one I was
interested in using for the keyboard.

I found matching lines for the usbd_xfer_set_stall in the patch but
didn't find a matching location for the error output.