Is here any DVB-S card compatible with FreeBSD?

Tue May 17 08:32:38 UTC 2011

Quoting Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org> (from Tue, 17 May 2011
12:16:04 +0400):

> Hello, Freebsd-multimedia.
>
>   I want to install satellite dish, but I don't have (and don't want
> to have) TV set and all my servers are FreeBSD-based, only notebooks
> and desktops are windows-based.
>
>  Is here any way to convert satellite signal into IPTV with FreeBSD
> server? Is here any DVB-S cards (with MAC slot!) compatible with
> FreeBSD? I understand, that chances are low, but may be?

We are not aware of PCI based ones, but USB ones work (with 8.2 /
9-current). Have a look at http://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat (DVB
section). With "MAC" are you referring to common access modules (CAM /
PayTV)? If yes, there are some where the DVB-S(2) part should work,
but none of them are tested regarding CAM and multimedia/webcamd has
no support for this (you would have to talk/work with hps@ regarding
this).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A truly great man will neither trample on a worm nor sneak to an emperor.
		-- Benjamin Franklin