Is here any DVB-S card compatible with FreeBSD?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 17 08:32:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 12:16:04 +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Freebsd-multimedia.
>
>   I want to install satellite dish, but I don't have (and don't want
> to have) TV set and all my servers are FreeBSD-based, only notebooks
> and desktops are windows-based.
>
>  Is here any way to convert satellite signal into IPTV with FreeBSD
> server? Is here any DVB-S cards (with MAC slot!) compatible with
> FreeBSD? I understand, that chances are low, but may be?

Don't know any supported cards with CAM but DVB-S2 is no problem. Don't
even know how much work it would be to get CAM support or if it should
just work ...

http://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat#head-97aa1f79c217e94c8a8b6a8a341854c17b27891e

--
Bernhard Froehlich