multimedia/gstreamer is not respecting environment upon linking stage

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Thu May 12 10:19:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 07:18 -0700, Jakub Lach wrote:
> Hello multimedia,
>
> Why I appreciate such prompt updating (there aren't
> any release informations available, but I digress..) ,

They where announced on irc and the announce and devel mailing list, but
for some reason they didn't make a news post on the website about it
yet.

> multimedia/gstreamer in linking stage forcefully invokes
> base linker, while whole (successful) build was done with
> gcc/binutils from ports and fails miserably due to
> unrecognized options.

I just tested this and compiling multimedia/gstreamer with gcc46, and it
works for me. I think there might me something going on with your
binutils/gcc ports. But I don't really know.

-Koop