Deprecating libmpcdec (was: [Fwd: transkode-0.7_11, 1 failed on amd64 8])

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 12 22:21:41 UTC 2010

Ganael LAPLANCHE píše v ne 12. 09. 2010 v 22:27 +0200:

> Unfortunately, a few other ports still are not compatible with musepack :
>
> audio/bmp-musepack
> audio/cynthiune
> audio/py-musepack
> multimedia/mplayer
> multimedia/gmerlin-avdecoder
> sysutils/k3b
>
> So, what's next ? Should we deprecate audio/libmpcdec and remove this option
> from some of the previous ports (I am thinking to mplayer and k3b) ? For the
> others, try to patch them, deprecate them ? Any idea ?

I'd say remove dep where optional, and deprecate the rest.

Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>
It's now using GIFs instead of JPEGs. This is similar to replacing
triangular wheels with round ones.