Deprecating libmpcdec (was: [Fwd: transkode-0.7_11, 1 failed on amd64 8])

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Sun Sep 12 20:27:33 UTC 2010

On Thu,  9 Sep 2010 14:51:53 +0200 (CEST), Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote

Hi Pav,

> I won't have much time to work on that now (still working on updating
> libdvdread and libdvdnav). Pav, if it can wait a bit, I'll be able to work on
> that after the dvd libs update...

Well, I have sent a PR (ports/150510) which removes the audio/libmpcdec
dependency for the following ports :

* audio/xmms2
* multimedia/gstreamer-plugins
* multimedia/vlc
* multimedia/quodlibet
* sysutils/k3b-kde4
* audio/aqualung
* audio/cmus
* audio/libtunepimp

This will allow to keep the MUSEPACK option for multimedia/transkode as
audio/libmpcdec will not be needed anymore by audio/libtunepimp.

This patch also fixes build for audio/musepack on 6.x.

Unfortunately, a few other ports still are not compatible with musepack :

audio/bmp-musepack
audio/cynthiune
audio/py-musepack
multimedia/mplayer
multimedia/gmerlin-avdecoder
sysutils/k3b

So, what's next ? Should we deprecate audio/libmpcdec and remove this option
from some of the previous ports (I am thinking to mplayer and k3b) ? For the
others, try to patch them, deprecate them ? Any idea ?

Best regards,

Ganael LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
http://contribs.martymac.org