multimedia/pvr250 port doesn't compile on FreeBSD 8

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri May 14 00:40:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 14 May 2010 01:34:37 +0200
Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at> wrote:

> There's also the question of how the patch-iic target should be
> handled on FreeBSD>6 (see forum page cited above).

I can't help you with the other problems, but AFAICT, you don't need patch-iicbb On FreeBSD 7.2-stable and newer.
I base this on my testing with the pvrxxx port done with FreeBSD 7.2-stable on 2010-01-01. From my notes:
2010-01-01: slice 3 - I am installing usleep's pvrxxx port (the 09042008 version). when I cd /usr/ports/multimedia/pvrxxx; make patch-iicbb, I get this:
root at kg-fil# pwd
/usr/ports/multimedia/pvrxxx
root at kg-fil# make patch-iicbb
echo 702106
702106
/usr/src/sys/dev/iicbus/iicbb.c was already patched
Ok, so that means that the GENERIC kernel is ready for the cxm driver.

Note: since I have not been able to compile and test the pvrxxx driver under FreeBSD 8, this is just a theory for now.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen