DVB-S support on FreeBSD

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:48:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Konstantin Dimitrov
<kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Steve,
>
> i have code for CX24116 DVB-S2 demodulator from very long time. it's
> perfectly working, so i can receive DVB-S2 in FreeBSD.
>
> however, it's experimental code full of debug prints and hard-coded
> things and i just can't find the spare time to clean it up and make it
> suitable for use and finally release it.
>
> so, any PCI or PCI-Express DVB-S2 card with the following components:
>
> - Conexant CX2388x PCI or PCI-Express bridge
> - Conexant CX24116 DVB-S2 demodulator
> - Conexant CX24118A DVB-S2 tuner
>
> will be supported by cx88 port. i really hope in the next few month to
> finally find time to finish it.
>
> regards,
> konstantin

(forgot to send to list as well!)

Hi Konstantin

I emailed you a little while back about this - good to know you hope
to have the time to complete it at some point!

I have a cx88 based DVB-S card (recognised by cx88), with a cx24123
demod/tuner. I'd be interested to see your driver, as I'm struggling
to work out what bits of the linux driver I should be looking at!

Cheers

Tom