Downloading RTSP stream?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 21 03:03:54 UTC 2009

Philipp Ost wrote:
>I've tried it vlc -- works ;-)

At:

 http://www.live555.com/mplayer

they state:

'Note: We now recommend the use of the VLC media player. VLC, like
MPlayer, uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code for RTSP client
support, but is generally more reliable than MPlayer.'

but don't provide any information on why they think this is so, or
what versions of the two players they are referring to.  I'm not sure
if this is related to mplayer's decision to support libnemesi
(http://lscube.org/projects/libnemesi ) as an alternative for these
streams.

I think vlc has an option to dump the stream to a file, too, right?

b.