p5-xmltv - old?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Sun Nov 15 19:10:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, November 15, 2009 6:27 pm, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Bernhard Froehlich
> <decke at bluelife.at>wrote:
>

>> Looks like MAN1 in the Makefile should be updated too. If it installs
>> and
>> deinstalls fine please submit it as PR.
>>

> If anyone would test what I have so far (attached), it would help.
> It is tested with porttools ("port test" to be specific),and AFAICT passes
> ok.
> When properly tested, I will submit a PR.
>
> However, I am not really sure that we should upgrade without keeping the
> old
> port around.
> Why?
> Well, a few grabbers have disappeared from the new version, and I am not
> sure what ill effects that will have.
> For my country, tv_grab_no is replaced with tv_grab_no_gfeed. The new
> grabber is technically much better than the old one, but it have listings
> for fewer channels than the old one.
> For the other countries, I can only speculate. I see that tv_grab_be is
> missing from the new version, and don't know if there is a replacement.
>
> Any thoughts?

Builds fine in my 7-stable/i386 tinderbox. I've checked which ports are
depending on p5-xmltv [1] and checked if that update could affect them.

deskutils/ontv: NOTOK using tv_grab_be
misc/freeguide: OK using tv_cat
multimedia/freevo: OK using tv_cat
multimedia/mythtv: OK using tv_check
multimedia/tv_grab_au: OK using tv_check

The only one that definitely needs fixing is ontv. The others look good.

[1]
http://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=depends_all&method=match&query=p5-xmltv&num=100&orderby=category&orderbyupdown=asc&search=Search

--
Bernhard Fröhlich