p5-xmltv - old?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:27:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Bernhard Froehlich <decke at bluelife.at>wrote:

> Looks like MAN1 in the Makefile should be updated too. If it installs and
> deinstalls fine please submit it as PR.

If anyone would test what I have so far (attached), it would help.
It is tested with porttools ("port test" to be specific),and AFAICT passes
ok.
When properly tested, I will submit a PR.

However, I am not really sure that we should upgrade without keeping the old
port around.
Why?
Well, a few grabbers have disappeared from the new version, and I am not
sure what ill effects that will have.
For my country, tv_grab_no is replaced with tv_grab_no_gfeed. The new
grabber is technically much better than the old one, but it have listings
for fewer channels than the old one.
For the other countries, I can only speculate. I see that tv_grab_be is
missing from the new version, and don't know if there is a replacement.

Any thoughts?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen