Support AV Stream on FreeBSD

Alex Keda admin at lissyara.su
Thu Sep 25 20:11:04 UTC 2008

Mark Linimon пишет:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 08:49:37PM +0400, Alex Keda wrote:
>> 1.5 year ago, when Kirk McKusick came to Moscow, he has told - that
>> the purpose the next years - to catch up linux as with a desktop.
>> It so? Or not?
>
> It's his opinion, or perhaps hope.  Kirk doesn't do much work on the
> Ports Collection, so he's not one of the people driving the progress.
>
> I recommend that you look at PC-BSD or DesktopBSD, as they are much
> more oriented to moving FreeBSD forwards on the desktop.
>
> mcl

And why is a collection of ports?
I talked about the interface in the kernel, which could combine
different variations - askew ported drivers for webcams, v4l and stuff ...
that is one thing, and not to invent a new outlet for each video device.

=========
And can anyone answer the question - what is the way FreeBSD? Or goal is
not? Just write the code - without way?